It's the time of year that all your favorite fruits come out to play. I've been eagerly awaiting fresh figs for some time. You can get dried figs always anywhere but it's so not the same! AT ALL! And ooooo don't get me started about them sweet, juicy, delicious yellow peaches. It just doesn't get much better than this. I also started experimenting with spirulina. It turns your smoothies deep green and that's why I only used a tiny amount, just to see what would happen! Apparently it only turned my blueberry portion slightly darker than it would have been. More experimentation will take place in the near future! I'm just always amazed by what interesting colors you can make with food!
- 2 fresh bananas
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/8 tsp organic spirulina powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 yellow peaches, cut in pieces
- slice figs vertically, wet the surface of the slices and stick on the sides of glass, making sure there are no air/water bubbles between the fruit and the glass
- blend ingredients of bottom layer and slowly pour into glass until halfway covering the figs
- blend ingredients of top layer and slowly fill the rest of the glass
- eat through the layers with your favorite spoon!
Be sure to leave me a comment and check out my Insta too!